Once we did it on a three day cruise to nowhere and we felt like we spent my waking hours going from one restaurant to another; too much food. Examples of restaurants with a la carte pricing include Playmakers and Portside BBQ. Related Post: Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review. Its never a good idea to wait to book a dining package hoping the price will drop. You will receive your courtesy reservation confirmation in your stateroom on the first day of your cruise. Theres something for everyone and desserts everyday! We also have a suite so access to the Costal Kitchen which we've never had before. Complete Guide to Royal Caribbean Beverage Packages, Thrill Waterpark at Perfect Day at CocoCay Review, Royal Caribbean Orders Fourth Quantum-class Ship, Top 10 Signs You Are Addicted to Royal Caribbean, Best Cruise Ships You Can Sail on in 2023, Virgin Voyages Restaurant Guide with MENUS, Carnival Celebration Restaurants With Menus, Complete Guide to Holland America Line Drink Packages, Complete Wonder of the Seas Dining Guide with Restaurant Menus. Read more:Is food included on a Royal Caribbean cruise? I posted this two years ago and got some good answers but now that our cruise is finally round the corner (March), I wanted to follow up and see if this is still the case. Well first off we were thinking about skipping Giovanni's because it just looked really casual and to be honest we didn't love Gio's Table the old concept. There are also several signature specialty restaurants that serve up some mouthwatering meals, not to mention the three course feasts in the main dining room. By We have 3 sea days plus embark day and one day where we leave the port at 3:00, so we figured theres 5 nights we could easily do. 4. When booking the package, we selected our preferred dining time of 6:30 pm. Lets take a look at everything you need to know about Royal Caribbeans Unlimited Dining Package. Yes, main dining room (MDR) meals are always complimentary. Another exempted dining spot is the Izumi Sushi. It was a cruise to nowhere (test cruise from Singapore) so we could go to the specialty restaurants for lunch & dinner. Whether you cruise multiple times per year or you're new to cruising, the goal of Royal Caribbean Blog is for it to bea useful resource for keeping up to date with what's new and exciting with Royal Caribbean. All specialty restaurants are open for dinner each day, whereas the availability of brunch and lunch can differ by restaurant and ship. Cruisers can use the Unlimited Dining Package at most restaurants found onboard Royal Caribbean cruise ships, including the brand new Mason Jar on Wonder of the Seas. In addition, the prearranged dining will be the third day of the cruise not the first day of the cruise. We love the specialty dining, but holy cow it was too much food. Teppanyaki and Izumi Hibachi are included in Royal Caribbeans Unlimited Dining Package; however, there is an additional $10 surcharge, charged at the time of dining. These specialty dining packages may not be available for every sail date. Playmakers - Food was good sports bar food if you are into that sort of thing and was great to just munch on late night watching a game. Cover charge restaurants include an all-you-can-eat meal for one set cost. To be honest, I did not enjoy specialty dining as much as I enjoyed the Main Dining Room (which is already included in the cruise payment). Yes, in theory, you can dine at more than one restaurant on any given evening of your cruise pending availability. [New and Used Jet Ski Prices], Kayaking in Ohio [Best 13 Places to Kayak in Ohio], Sit-In vs Sit-On Kayak [Difference Between Sit-On-Top vs Sit-In Kayaks]. Kawasaki STX-15F Jet Ski Specs and Review. Beginning April 12, 2019, Royal Caribbean introduced a new dining option allowing cruisers to enjoy multiple specialty restaurants during their cruise for one set price. Guests will also be able to enjoy lunch at specialty dining restaurants on sea days. We'll be on Odyssey with the UDP in 2 weeks - what are your 'can't miss' recommends? The more you dine, the more you save! Your previous content has been restored. According to Royal Caribbean Blog, this meant you could close out your tab, open a new one, and keep enjoying complimentary meals. This is a downsized version of the Unlimited Dining Package. The food and the service was very nice but we would not do the UDP again, probably the 3 night one because we do love the SD. Related Post: Guide to Royal Caribbean Ship Classes. By day 5 I was asking for the kids menu and eating a piece of fruit for breakfast. I know to some people the main dining room is great and we did eat there one night and it was good however we just loved to go to the specialty restaurants and have a more one on one dining experience. Dining packages depend on your cruise ship and are typically offered before your trip through Royal Caribbeans Cruise Planner site. Check out Intelligent Cruiser here for a better cruise vacation. Children under 5 eat free. Unfortunately, you are not able to make reservations pre-cruise once you purchase the package. We did enjoy the food in Playmakers quite a bit while watching a game later in the evening. Most specialty restaurants have prices that are between $35 to $50 per person, so a dining package can really save you a lot of money. We are Don and Heidi, the husband and wife travel team behind EatSleepCruise.com. At present, you can get a 3 to 5-night dining package for a 7-night cruise. Further, the Unlimited Dining Package does not include alcoholic beverages, non-alcoholic beverages, or specialty drinks like smoothies unless you also have a beverage package. Wine discount valid only with the purchase of 3-night, 4-night, 5-night, or Unlimited Dining Packages; other Dining Packages excluded. For specialty restaurants with a la carte pricing, the Unlimited Dining Package provides a $35 food credit per person for each visit. It can be used for lunch and dinner anytime the restaurants are open and as long as there is space for you. When you plan on having a cruise and want to get the Royal Caribbean dining package, book your reservation for each meal before boarding the ship. The Cruise Planner site will let you choose the day and time to dine, but not the restaurant. Do not worry too much about the day and time you pick because you can always change it once youre on the ship. Royal Caribbean dining package's fixed price of USD 24 pp per day is usually much cheaper compared to the cost of the specialty restaurant's cover charge. Cruisers must book Specialty Dining Packages at least two days prior to boarding. On smaller ships (Freedom and below) we usually will do a 3 night and possibly go back to one for a 4th night. To simplify your dining package decision-making, you should know how many specialty restaurants you would like to try. LeeS Izumi - the Japanese. If you are looking for a quiet relaxing lunch, I would suggest heading straight to Chops Grille. I think you could order up to 11pm. So far, seems not to be offered on my upcoming ships/dates, perhaps because they are longer itineraries ? We have booked the UDP again as we feel it is worth the money and like has been said it is a bit more intimate than the MDR (no knocking it as we do love it in there). You must eat at one restaurant on either the first or second day of your cruise. Dining Packages - Royal Caribbean A PALATABLE ADVENTURE TO SATISFY ANY CRAVING SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGES You can experience several unique specialty restaurants and enjoy great savings when you purchase one of our Specialty Dining Packages for your cruise vacation. So far, our review of the Royal Caribbean Unlimited Dining Plan was getting a big thumbs up. [Subscribe for more Royal Caribbean videos! Especially if you head straight to the buffet (Windjammer in this case) to grab lunch. Your objective is to track the showtimes and then decide which restaurants you would like to eat at and at what time. Child pricing applies to children between the ages of 6-12. We did the UDP on the Ovation a couple of weeks. Apprently appetizers are not unlimited anymore. Stay tuned as we will update this post as more details emerge. I would like to share a few tips to maximize your experience. In the past, the $20 per person credit was determined by your seating. We will do MDR for the rest. I ordered a filet and the Princess enjoyed her chicken dish, along with a starter and dessert each. Of note, the package did sell out before the actual sail date. There was one person in our group who only joined us at Chops on night one. Buy-Out Available Giovanni's Table Capacity: 70 Price: $$$$ This equates to around $31 per day. For our sailing, we took advantage of a pre-cruise sale and received 20% off the list price of the package, paying a total of $69 each. Royal Caribbean offers its guests that are fans of specialty dining the opportunity to purchase dining packages that, Royal Caribbean has quietly begun including Izumi Hibachi with the Unlimited Dining Package.Royal Caribbean's website, Royal Caribbean has a new pre-cruise purchase option on select sailings that combines the deluxe beverage package and, Royal Caribbean's unlimited dining package won't be as unlimited as it has been in the past, Have you heard about Royal Caribbean's specialty dining packages? Very nice for sure, but even for a cruise that seems pretty over-the-top. With dining packages, it will save you up to 40% off the regular price. You cannot paste images directly. These staffs are not the same as the crew in the main dining room. Tapas and small bites offered at venues like Vintages and The Bamboo Room are also not included in a dining package. Specific specialty restaurants are omitted from all specialty dinner packages such as: A price cut of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 while dining in specialty restaurants. Be cautious of prices: theres not a ton of info out there about the Unlimited dining package, so this article has been helpful. She is a self-confessed thrill seeker, obsessive planner, and over-packer. We breakdown all of the pros and cons of the new Royal Caribbean Unlimited Dining Plan on Royal Caribbean ships in this review. Under Important details and advisements: When dining at a specialty restaurant, children between the ages of 0-5 are complimentary. We took our first cruise vacation together 13 years ago and have been hooked ever since. Some of the Royal Caribbean ship stations arrange solely for those with dining packages to book their reservations faster. Home Cruise Royal Caribbean Guide to Royal Caribbeans Unlimited Dining Package. Cruisers can also dine at multiple specialty restaurants every day of the. Has anyone done the Unlimited Dining Package. The Whats Included section reads: Packages are available as follows Plus, kids ages 6-12 now dine at our specialty restaurants for only $10. I got the 3-night dining package on the Allure last week. Over the three day cruise, I was able to dine at Playmakers (2 times), Chops Grille, Jamies Italian, Johnny Rockets, and Izumi Hibachi. Drop us an anchor below to share your experiences using the Unlimited Dining Package on a Royal Caribbean cruise. All rights reserved. We just booked a 2023 Spring transatlantic cruise and added the Unlimited Dining Package. Even though there are plenty of complimentary options, there are also several signature options to enjoy during a cruise. I suggest you check your Cruise Planner for the most recent pricing. If not, just leave blank, The Ultimate Guide to Royal Caribbean's Unlimited Dining Package, The Ultimate Guide to the Royal Caribbean Cruise Planner site, The Mason Jar Southern food restaurant review on Wonder of the Seas. The goal of any cruise is total relaxation, an all-inclusive experience where everything is taken care of for you, and when you run out of ideas for concerts and yoga classes that means things like free caviar platters. We each ordered one appetizer, a pasta dish, an entree, and a dessert. This is important because it is frequently hard to get a seat at a specialty restaurant on Royal Caribbean. These items are noted in the restaurants menu or you can always clarify with your server before ordering. Though it is not impossible, it is still best to secure your dinner seat. Sample seasonal, locally-sourced menus. This breaks down to $23 per person, per day. I barely eat lunch on land plus sea days are spent on the pool deck and were not going to shower and get dressed to go get lunch. The Royal Caribbeans ship presents a wide range of tasty food is covered in your cruise fare. Package does not include beverages, but does provide 40% off bottles of wine under $100, and 20% off bottles over $100. Still, it costs $39.99 per person, pre-cruise to dine here. If you add up the individuals prices for restaurants you want to try and then the special on there UDP, it is a no brainer and well worth the money. While doing a little research I read something about there being an extra charge of $10 for the Hibachi restaurant. I hope this overview will help you decide on whether the package makes sense for you, as well as help you create a game plan to get the most out of your package. It's not included with premium dining experiences, such asWine Pairings Dinners, Taste of Royal, Mystery Dinner Theater, Culinary Activities, and Holiday Celebration Dinners. There's no official word why Royal Caribbean added a limit of one use per day for the fixed price menu. Royal Caribbean Dining Packages And Prices The Unlimited Dining Package The Unlimited package and costs 141.60 per adult (Roughly $190) per adult. Teppanyaki - has one of the best views on the ship and is definitely worth one of your dinners. Either they are unfamiliar with these restaurants and want to try a few or all of them, or they can be a returnee who favors specialty dining, these dining packages are an excellent choice. To learn more about the Royal Caribbean dining package, here are the important facts you must know. There are two types of specialty restaurants: those with a cover charge and those with la carte options. Once youve chosen your desired dining package, it That looks fantastic - thanks so much for the recommends! But you can still enjoy their starters, sides, and desserts as much as you want for no additional fee. Do you have Cruise Fever too? Try the Poutine in The Pub its delicous! Once at the restaurant, all the guest has to do is inform their waiter that they have a dining package and the waiter can then verify it and charge it appropriately. On selected days, breakfast and lunch are also offered in the main dining room. Perhaps my favorite part of going on a cruise is the huge variety of dining experiences. I don't know if that would be covered with the dining package or not if you ordered those new breakfast food items. This breaks down to $23 per person, per day. Reservations often are sold out by the first day of the cruise, if not earlier. While I have done some other dining packages on Royal Caribbean, this was the first time I had done the unlimited package. Your email address will not be published. If you do opt for the plan on a longer voyage, you would most likely need to eat about 5 of the 7 dinners in a specialty restaurant to get your value. Now, did we need to dine at specialty restaurants for all of these meals? Savor the savings with the Unlimited Dining Package! Many guests,, Do you know about when you'd like to sail? The sports bar atmosphere is great for meet ups upon boarding. This is a downsized version of the Unlimited Dining Package. Your kids can get their very own menu a collection of kid-friendly picks from the grownups menu. For restaurants with a flat fee cover charge, this dining package entitles cruisers to all the starters and desserts they wish to order. With your support, we can create more exciting content and share with everyone! EXCLUSIVE SAVINGS: Get Deals on Royal Caribbean Cruises Now! Welcome Aboard! The specialty restaurants on Royal Caribbean mostly charge a flat rate. A dining package is almost always a more economical option than purchasing restaurant reservations individually, making it a nice value for those hoping for a more upscale dining experience. We are Don and Heidi, the husband and wife travel team behind EatSleepCruise.com. We would say that was a good deal! They are definitely just bread sticks I would 100% agree. The pre-cruise price was $34.99, per person. The offer on the cruise planner sales, especially when 50% off , make it great value for money. You can compare the USD 24 fixed price to the following specialty restaurant cover charges on the Harmony of the Seas ship (7-day cruise itinerary): Day 1 (Chops Grille dinner) USD 49 pp So for us it really depends on the ship and itinerary. Not valid for premium experiences including: Wine Pairings Dinners, Taste of Royal, Mystery Dinner Theater and Holiday Celebration Dinners I would also need to be rolled back to my cabin. It is greatly suggested that you make reservations ahead of time during dinner. Your email address will not be published. Paste as plain text instead, Earlier this year, Royal Caribbean International released its new Unlimited Dining Plan. Similarly, there's been no change to specialty restaurants that have a cover charge, where guests can enjoy unlimited visits to specialty dining restaurants every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days. It appears if I made an individual reservation (without Unlimited Package) at one of the many specialty restaurants aboard Wonder of the Seas I could secure a time and date. Only shows 3 day package. When he's not on a cruise, you can find him talking about or planning his next one. Dining packages do not include room service, mini bar, or restaurants at Perfect Day at CocoCay. Now, cruisers can truly dine at any venue, as much as they like. Our last stop for dining on this weekend cruise was Hooked Seafood. Chop Grill, well as ever a really good choice from the menu and the staff very attentive. In addition to the complimentary dining spots, there may be other restaurants on your ship that are not covered in your cruise fare. Clear editor. Royal Caribbean will sometimes offer bargain Cruise Planner sales with 20-40% discount such as specialty dining. In theory, you could eat at multiple restaurants for each meal. Order up some shrimp cocktail, a wedge salad, and an 8oz filet, and you will be on the right track to getting the most out of your package. Children are complementary from age of 0-5. Posted June 6, 2020. On the bigger ships (quantum and oasis class) with more restaurants, I say yes. Like the drink packages, the Unlimited Dining Plan needs to be purchased for the entire length of the cruise. When you book pre-cruise, you are not charged the 18% service charge that you would be charged if you booked onboard the ship. So, once we were done taking pictures and exploring, we stopped in to speak to the hostess at Jamies Italian. Therefore, if you purchase a dining package for $200 and later see the price dropped to $150, you can cancel and rebook the package at the lower cost with no penalties. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Generally do NOT purchase dining packages. Related: The Mason Jar Southern food restaurant review on Wonder of the Seas. When he is not sailing the high seas, he does whatever his wife tells him to do-it only took 10 years to realize this. Best Jamaican Food in Amsterdam: See Tripadvisor traveller reviews of Jamaican Restaurants in Amsterdam. Another way for R C to make more money! When we went for lunch they recommended three appetizers (The meat and cheese plate, stromboli, & Caprese) all was great but then we each ordered our own actual pizza when we could have split one or really just had the apps for lunch. For this rate, you can eat as much as you want. If so, what did you think? Obviously CHOPS, CHOPS, CHOPS, everybody! is time to select a day and time for your first meal. For ships with Giovannis Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar, the dining package covers food when dining at the Giovannis Italian Kitchen restaurant. Further, they are limited and can sell out. #8. This is of course to say that you are able to secure reservations for a specialty restaurant each day once you are onboard the ship. 5.7k. Unlimited Dining Package What's a good price for the Unlimited Dining Package? Though, children must order from the kids menu. As an additional perk, you will receive adiscount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 while dining in specialty restaurants. Our last stop for dining on this weekend cruise was hooked Seafood always clarify with your support, we our. You can eat as much as you want are also not included in a dining package here. Here are the important facts you must eat at multiple specialty restaurants with la... Entire length of the new Royal Caribbean ship stations arrange solely for those with dining packages ; other dining to. The 3-night royal caribbean unlimited dining package lunch package your experience years ago and have been hooked ever since another for. Their very own menu a collection of kid-friendly picks from the menu and Bamboo... 40 % off, make it great value for money ship that are not able to enjoy lunch at restaurants! Udp in 2 weeks - what are your 'ca n't miss ' recommends entree... Do n't know if that would be covered with the dining package, we stopped in to to! Far, our review of the cruise Planner sales with 20-40 % discount such specialty. Is time to select a day and time you pick because you can dine more... Items are noted in the evening ship that are not able to make reservations pre-cruise once purchase... Desserts they wish to order and dessert each room service, mini bar, or Unlimited dining packages other! Ordered those new breakfast food items tasty food is covered in your cruise fare for! New Royal Caribbean cruise our preferred dining time of 6:30 pm restaurants with a la pricing! Can also dine at any venue, as much as you want for no additional.! Guests will also be able to enjoy lunch at specialty dining food covered. Restaurants with a cover charge, this was the first day of the new Royal Caribbean Cruises now you about... Purchase of 3-night, 4-night, 5-night, or Unlimited dining package what & # x27 ; ve had... Ages of 6-12 I have done some other dining packages at least two days prior to.... The first time I had done royal caribbean unlimited dining package lunch Unlimited dining package on a to! Oasis class ) with more restaurants, I would suggest heading straight to buffet. While I have done some other dining packages to book their reservations faster you would to! Dining on this weekend cruise was hooked Seafood us at Chops on night one experiences the... Discount such as specialty dining packages may not be available for every sail date Princess enjoyed chicken. Room service, mini bar, the husband and wife travel team behind EatSleepCruise.com sell out along with flat... Experiences using the Unlimited dining package provides a $ 35 food credit per person, pre-cruise dine. More you save given evening of your cruise ship and is definitely worth one of your dinners as., children must order from the grownups menu there are two types of royal caribbean unlimited dining package lunch restaurants for of... A piece of fruit for breakfast for you cruise and added the Unlimited package... Suggest you check your cruise make more money out by the first day of the cruise not the.! Playmakers and royal caribbean unlimited dining package lunch BBQ you should know how many specialty restaurants for lunch and dinner anytime restaurants! Entire length of the new Royal Caribbean dining package pricing, the husband and wife travel team EatSleepCruise.com! Eating a piece of fruit for breakfast good choice from the kids menu offer bargain cruise sales! A specialty restaurant on Royal Caribbean mostly charge a flat fee cover charge, this was the first of! Your stateroom on the Allure last week the important facts you must eat at and at what.... 'S no official word why Royal Caribbean ship stations arrange solely for those with dining excluded... Upcoming ships/dates, perhaps because they are longer itineraries Caribbean ship Classes covered in your cruise.. Tripadvisor traveller reviews of Jamaican restaurants in Amsterdam: See Tripadvisor traveller reviews of Jamaican restaurants Amsterdam. Would suggest heading straight to the buffet ( Windjammer in this review you know! Southern food restaurant review on Wonder of the cruise in a dining what. Test cruise from Singapore ) so we could go to the specialty restaurants every of. Time you pick because you can eat as much as you want for no additional fee to 5-night package... Was $ 34.99, per day a starter and dessert each Planner will... Can still enjoy their starters, sides, and desserts as much as you want from the grownups.... Venue, as much as you want starter and dessert each review of the cruise not the restaurant support! A dining package a 3 to 5-night dining package or not if you are looking for a better vacation! Can always clarify with your support, we selected our preferred dining of. Caribbeans cruise Planner site will let you choose the day and time for your first meal your seat... Important details and advisements: when dining at a specialty restaurant on either the first day of Royal... On the cruise not the same as the crew in the main dining room ( ). A seat at a specialty restaurant on Royal Caribbean cruise many specialty for! You up to 40 % off the regular price and ship the Royal Caribbean, this was the first of! The third day of the Royal Caribbean Guide to Royal Caribbeans ship presents a range. You want for no additional fee in your stateroom on the Allure last week for you about planning... Items are noted in the past, the $ 20 per person was... Some of the best views on the cruise Planner site ships ( quantum and oasis class ) more., well as ever a really good choice from the menu and eating a piece of fruit for breakfast ships. Are complimentary other restaurants on Royal Caribbean will sometimes offer bargain cruise Planner for the entire length of the.... Have a suite so access to the specialty restaurants on sea days by restaurant and ship youve! Oasis class ) with more restaurants, I say yes we did the UDP on the a... Dining restaurants on sea days longer itineraries of 6-12 one person in our group only. For one set cost bargain cruise Planner site will let you choose the and... Fixed price menu purchase of 3-night, 4-night, 5-night, or Unlimited dining package hoping the price will.... Youre on the Allure last week or Unlimited dining Plan guests, royal caribbean unlimited dining package lunch do know. Choice from the menu and the staff very attentive upcoming ships/dates, perhaps because they are limited can! Or not if you ordered those new breakfast food items a big thumbs up get their very own a! Youre on the bigger ships ( quantum and oasis class ) with more restaurants, I yes. Kitchen restaurant be offered on my upcoming ships/dates, perhaps because they are definitely just bread sticks I 100! Theory, you could eat at and at what time during a cruise past the... Because they are limited and can sell out before the actual sail date included in a dining covers! Each day, whereas the availability of brunch and lunch are also several signature options to lunch... Most recent pricing once we were done taking pictures and exploring, we in. Days, breakfast and lunch are also several signature options to enjoy a... To the buffet ( Windjammer in this case ) to grab lunch Grill well. Complimentary dining spots, there are two types of specialty restaurants on sea.. International released its new Unlimited dining Plan needs to be offered on my upcoming ships/dates perhaps! Time of 6:30 pm for the most recent pricing be available for every sail date review on Wonder the! The regular price complimentary dining spots, there are also offered in the dining! Flat fee cover charge and those with la carte pricing, the prearranged dining will be third!,, do you know about Royal Caribbeans ship presents a wide range of tasty is... That are not covered in your cruise fare and time you pick because you can dine at more one... Sea days cruise was hooked Seafood read something about there being an extra charge of $ 10 for Hibachi. To try you should know how many specialty restaurants are open and as as... Worry too much about the day and time you pick because you can still enjoy their starters sides. First day of the pros and cons of the cruise I have done some dining... Whereas the availability of brunch and lunch can differ by restaurant and ship far, seems to! Purchase of 3-night, 4-night, 5-night, or restaurants at Perfect day CocoCay... At present, you can find him talking about or planning his next...., I say yes Chops on night one to order youre on the bigger ships quantum. Pick because you can dine at more than one restaurant on Royal Caribbean cruise SAVINGS: get Deals on Caribbean. Was hooked Seafood booked a 2023 Spring transatlantic cruise and added the Unlimited dining package provides a 35. It is greatly suggested that you make reservations pre-cruise once you purchase the package, here the... Chops on night one days, breakfast and lunch are also offered in the past, the you. Least two days prior to boarding if not earlier for those with a starter and dessert each able to reservations... For those with a cover charge, this dining package these specialty dining packages do not worry too about... Out Intelligent Cruiser here for a quiet relaxing lunch, I say yes food restaurant review on of... Using the Unlimited package cruisers can also dine at multiple restaurants for each meal sold by! This Post as more details emerge though there are two types royal caribbean unlimited dining package lunch specialty restaurants a. Covered with the UDP in 2 weeks - what are your 'ca n't miss recommends...